Senior-level mechanical engineer with 5+ years of US-based HVAC/Plumbing projects experiences in commercial, healthcare residential, hotel, restaurant, etc. Experience with Fire Protection design will be an added advantage.
Job Responsibilities :
- Analyzes job requirements, defines the scope, determines resource requirements, establishes production schedules and deadlines.
- Accurately forecast schedule, budget, and resource needs/utilization across projects.
- Designing of HVAC systems for all types of buildings including Heat load calculation, ductwork, and piping layout.
- Designing of Plumbing (domestic, sanitary-vent, storm) systems for all types of buildings.
- Develop equipment specifications and Issue design packages accountable for the quality and accuracy of the design.
- Coordinate HVAC/Plumbing/Fire Protection requirements with all other disciplines.
- Interact with Vendors/Client on equipment specifications, and project schedules as needed.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, industry standards/codes including Chicago Building Code, IMC, IBC, NFPA, ASHRAE, etc. to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or requirements of designs.
- Evaluate different HVAC design alternates on factors such as energy performance, environmental impact, and life cycle cost utilizing standard industry tools.
- Response Design RFI, Review Shop drawings.
- Preparation of Schematic drawing, Sequence of operations, BMS IO summary.
Job Qualifications :
- Ability to function independently with effective coordination and excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical engineering experience.
- Software Experience: Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD; REVIT MEP, Carrier HAP, or Trane Trace HVAC load software; and Microsoft Office is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in the evolution and design of HVAC/Plumbing systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive delivery schedules.